pants as leggings

dress: thrifted (originally Urban Outfitters) // chambray: American Eagle // jeans: Gap // boots: Chinese Laundry // watch: Anne Klein // headband: Old Navy
While everyone else is concerned with leggings as pants becoming an acceptable form of fashion, I am finding myself validating my seventh grade self's sense to pair dresses over pants. My mom told me I looked like a ragamuffin, but I would stuff petticoat skirts into my messenger bag and then slip them on over my jeans at the bus stop. I've always been a fashion deviant.

I was so excited to find this shirt-dress at Savers last weekend. I told Dago that I had a list of things I was allowed to buy while we were out and luckily plaid flannel made the cut. Sometimes thrifting can get expensive if I don't give myself a limit. On this particular trip, I also bought a tweed Oscar de la Renta skirt that I'm so excited to style.

 I originally thought to wear the shirt-dress over black leggings with heeled booties, but it's been so darn cold in Austin that leggings just weren't enough. I can't wait to dress it up with chunky pearls and then wear it with bare legs in the spring!


Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , , ,